“If you stand for nothing, you’ll fall for anything!”
Matthew 10:32: “So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven…”
What guy doesn’t love an adventure!?
• I was an Airline Pilot • Flew jets • Raced motorcycles in the Baja 1000 • Ran the Dipsea race on Mt. Tam • Got a few black t-shirts • Did a round the world spiritual adventure • Sitting at the foot of gurus in the Himalayas • That kind of stuff.
Not as exciting as some guys, but not bad.
Problem was, it was all about me.
What’s wrong with that; that’s what we do, right?
I used self-help for most of my life, thinking I knew the answers
I even taught it to my clients when I was a psychotherapist
“Self-help” put me in and out of a few marriages
It helped me lose a ton of money through bad investments
I didn’t need help because self-help made me smart enough
If you met me, I didn’t look like a “loser.”
But I worked hard perfecting the “look.”
Self-confident, successful, “in control.”
Underneath the “look” was fear, insecurity, pain.
You’ve heard the phrase, “It takes a village to raise a child.”
In my case “It took God’s Son, Jesus Christ, to take an immature, arrogant guy and turn him into a real man!”
And find me a beautiful wife without even trying!
10 Things to Do to Turn Your Life Into a Full-Time Adventure!
- Scrap the idea of self-help.
- Seek out a man who you respect.
- A good-hearted, emotionally strong, peaceful man
- Preferably older and wiser
- Make sure he’s a believer in Jesus Christ
- Park your ego and ask him for help
- Ask him how Christ impacted his life
- With those answers, ask him how to change your life
- Have him mentor you
- Be ready to have your life turned upside down!